Here are 6 Questions to Get you Out of Feeling Trapped, Stuck or Helpless.
Posted by: Sue Atkins
A good question is worth it’s weight in gold – as it shifts you from a sense of helplessness into a far more resourceful state.
Here are 6 questions to get you out of feeling trapped, stuck or helpless.
- What are 3 positive things about this problem?
- What’s not yet the way you want it?
- What are you willing to do to get the result you want?
- What are you willing to stop doing to get the result you want?
- How can you motivate yourself, and even take pleasure in doing, what needs to be done to get the results you want?
- What’s something you can do today to get things moving in the right direction?
The Magic Word
One small word that can really transform the way you are feeling is the word:
‘Things are not as I want them ….. yet…..’
This small word shifts your mindset to one of hope and optimism and helps you to relax.
Remember to use it when you feel stressed, overwhelmed, out of control or just plain fed up.
Helpful for your children
It’s also really helpful to children who are stuggling with something. Here’s a little image I made to encourage them to keep trying as each mistake is a step nearer success.