The Parentverse – a new way of thinking.
Posted by: Sue Atkins
Life after lock ? down what will it look & feel like for families?
This upbeat and practical book reveals the six essential principles that have been working for parents in Denmark for decades:
– Play: essential for development and well-being
– Authenticity: fosters trust and an ‘inner compass’
– Reframing: helps kids cope with setbacks and look on the bright side
– Empathy: allows us to act with kindness towards others
– No ultimatums: no power struggles or resentment
– Togetherness: a way to celebrate family time, on special occasions and every day
These two books reveal a truly fresh take on parenting advice that intrigues me as we pause to ponder the lessons from a global lock down & how Covid19 will reshape the world & our family values & styles of raising happy, confident, resilient kids.
What impact will this all have on the next generation I wonder …. a more playful child with more confidence to explore their own interests, a globally connected child who will naturally be more environmentally sensitive & a more securely nurtured child who benefited from their dad being home?