There are going to be a lot of people newly working from home starting this week, due to the Coronavirus and it will be a difficult transition for some – my husband included!
I’ve worked from home for many years so here are my top 20 tips for working effectively & avoiding distractions ?
Top 20 Working from Home Tips
- Set ‘Work Hours’- make sure your partner understands you are WORKING
- Get Dressed & Don’t Work from Bed
- Make To-Do Lists
- Use a Planner
- Use Task Management Apps
- Don’t Work in Your PJs
- Don’t Work in Front of the TV
- Set a Morning Routine and Stick to It
- Set an Alarm
- Eat a Healthy Lunch or Snack
- Take Short Breaks
- Use Productivity Apps
- Stay Off Social Media
- Leave the House
- Use Video Chat
- Use Your “Lunch Break” for Errands and Appointments
- Accept that there will be distractions but get disciplined & set yourself deadlines.
- After 3pm when the kids come home is most difficult so plan for it.
- Keep your phone on another desk and put on silent for the hours you plan to work
- Make sure you have a routine that marks the end of the working day to replace your commute.