The Sue Atkins Wednesday Story
Posted by: Sue Atkins
Leadership and being a role model
Here’s your Wednesday Story from my never ending notebook and everlasting pencil.
The Apprentice just managed to arrive in time for the class. Her cheeks were flushed from running and her heart was pumping hard. The topic for the day was Leading by Example.
The Apprentice put up her hand and asked,” What exactly is leadership?”
The Magician replied, “The question is rather, how do you lead yourself?”
“I don’t understand. What do you mean?” replied the Apprentice.
“For example, how did you get yourself out of bed this morning? Did you force yourself out unwillingly, fearing the consequences of being late for my class and complaining about the early start? Or did you spring easily out of bed enthusiastically and positively, saying,’ I wonder what interesting things will I learn today and pass on to others !”
“Only when you know how to lead yourself positively will you then know how to lead others.”
- How do you get out of bed each morning?
- What could you do differently?
- How could you make a small change that over time would make a huge difference to your attitude, mindset and energy?
- What would be the benefits to you, your children and your whole family if you committed to making just a very small change this week?
- If you don’t like what you notice – don’t beat yourself up – just make up your mind to try and do something new for just a week.
- So what’s stopping you?
Download your copy of Sue’s Ebook
How to give your kids the gift of self-esteem by clicking here
About the author
Sue Atkins is a Parenting Expert who offers practical guidance for bringing up happy, confident, well behaved children. She is also the author of “Raising Happy Children for Dummies” one in the famous black and yellow series published worldwide and the highly acclaimed Parenting Made Easy CDs. She regularly appears on BBC Breakfast and The Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2 and her parenting articles are published all over the world.
Join me on these networks
Sue Atkins the Parenting Expert
T: + 44 1342 833355 M: 07740 622769
Surrey RH7 6LF