Are You In The Phoenix Stage – Ready For Another Relationship After Your Divorce?
Posted by: Sue Atkins
“The Phoenix Stage.”
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you think you’re ready for another relationship after becoming divorced or separated:
- Am I coping and content with my life at the moment?
- Am I living in the present or in the past?
- Have I learned to be alone without experiencing loneliness?
- Can I be content on my own?
- Do I know my strengths as well as my weaknesses?
- Do I want companionship or a long-term relationship?
- What am I looking for in a relationship?
- How would I like it to be in a perfect world?
- What’s the best part of being alone?
- What’s the best part of being involved with someone?
- What sort of partner and relationship do I want to role model for my children?
Later on in the relationship you might need to ask yourself
- At what point does someone become part of the family?
- At what point will I allow someone to make decisions with me that will affect the whole family?
There are no rules and there is no right or wrong. It is just your way. But be honest with yourself. Remember, you are your children’s role models, as well as their source of stability, and it’s very important that you think about your relationships and how they affect them. Your children are the permanent part of your life – and you are theirs. They need security and it can be very hard on children if they have to keep adapting to new partners. By asking yourself some good questions you gain clarity, direction and confidence in your decisions and feel back in the driving seat of your life and relationships again.
If you’d like to gain clarity, direction and confidence and free yourself from guilt, and would like to work with me – email me on [email protected] or call me on 01883 818329 for a completely confidential conversation to take back control of your life after divorce.