Here are ITV “This Morning” Divorce Expert’s most popular posts on the Marilyn Stowe Family Law & Divorce Blog this year
Posted by: Sue Atkins
If you, like me watched ITV flagship “This Morning” programme on “Divorce D Day” – which apparently is the busiest day for lawyers, as parents rush to get advice about divorcing, you’ll have seen the excellent advice from Marilyn Stowe.
Marilyn’s site has become a valuable resource for divorce and family law information and it has reached a significant milestone: one million visitors and counting. Not bad for a law blog – or indeed, for any blog!
So do go and explore Marilyn’s blog.
Here are some of the most popular posts published on the Marilyn Stowe Family Law & Divorce Blog this year:
1. Sealing the deal: financial settlements and divorce. For many, this is the last leg of the divorce process: the financial settlement. This post focuses upon some of the key points to bear in mind while the details are finalised.
2. Husband receives damages after discovering children were not his. What defines a father? Is it nature or is it nurture ? And what happens if a man one day discovers the children he helped raise are not biologically his?
3. Free Friday Download: Form E. The purpose of Form E is to enable each party to provide the court with full details of their financial arrangements, so it has to include everything from savings and property ownership to pension and income. It must be completed and sent to the court no later than 35 days before the date of the first court appointment. In February 2013, to accompany my book Divorce & Splitting Up: Advice From a Top Divorce Lawyer, a sample Form E was made available on this blog. It has proved popular ever since.
4. Husband filmed wife having tantrum and put it on YouTube. Once upon a time, a divorcing couple’s neighbours might hear their rows a few doors away. Now angry spouses can make arguments available to the whole world if they so wish. But what are the potential legal implications of doing so? This was a guest post by Angela Sussens, the managing partner at Stowe Family Law’s office in central Leeds.
5. Get my new book, ‘Divorce & Splitting Up’, FREE! When my book was published in the Kindle Store at the beginning of 2013, I made it free for as long as Amazon would allow me to. The difficult economic climate and the demolition of legal aid mean that many of you have chosen, rightly or wrongly, to do without professional family law advice. I like to do what I can to ensure that whatever route you take, you feel informed and confident about what lies ahead.
For the same reason, the book is free once again at the time of writing. from now until 30 December 2013, you can collect your free Kindle version of Divorce & Splitting Up here.