SAPS 92 Should dads stop hugging their daughters when they hit the teenage years?
Posted by: Kevin Mulryne
Sue in Conversation with … Tina Stubbs, Life’s Little Bugs
You can listen to the full interview by clicking on the link below:Get it on iTunes Get in on Android
This week’s episode of the Sue Atkins Parenting Show is sponsored by Rayden Solicitors
Full details are below in the Sponsor Section of the Show Notes
In this week’s episode:
Should we stop hugging our children when they hit the teenage year and more specifically – should dads stop hugging their daughters?
Your toddler bedtime and sleep questions answered
Sue in Conversation with Tina Stubb of the fabulous Life’s Little Bugs books
Connect with Tina Stubbs
Website – Life’s Little Bugs
Twitter – @lifeslittlebugs
Facebook – Life’s Little Bugs
Instagram – lifeslittlebugs
Life’s Little Bugs – Good Habits Start Young
Life’s Little Bugs is an award-winning business providing workshops and training to schools and nurseries, as well as offering online courses to teachers, parents or entrepreneurs looking to run educational workshops as part of a new or existing portfolio.
Their award-winning books and products are all aimed at encouraging and supporting young children in the practice of fundamental habits to help their development into mindful, healthy, confident and caring young adults!
Tina’s range of books include:
- Doodle Bug: Doodle Bug is obsessed with drawing on…everything! Always ready with a spare paint brush in his hat. Read how he upsets others through his disrespect of their things and how a little thoughtfulness gives a happy ending.
- Fitness Bug: Fitness Bug loves nothing more than a healthy meal and a few star jumps to liven himself up. Join him in his story and read how he helps others, like ‘Stan the Frog’ who is too much of a ‘lump to jump’. Read how he helps change their sluggish ways for a more fun and happier life!
- Gum Bug: Gum Bug loves to damage our teeth and gums with his ‘plaque attack!’ But we can prevent this from happening by learning how to stop him giving us bad teeth with his nasty ways by following the simple oral care rules in this book.
- Flu Bug: Colds and coughs aren’t much fun, but Flu Bug thinks it’s all in a day’s work to share himself around! Find out why the pigs don’t want to cough and the birds don’t want to wheeze.
- Hum Bug: Hum Bug is that miserable little bug who always says ‘I can’t!’ Enjoy reading how positive thinking helps Hum Bug to think ‘I can!’ and what a positive change it makes to his life and those around him.
- Tummy Bug: With his swirling tummy of green and yellow, Tummy Bug is a rather unhygienic fellow. Read how Jeff the cat and Mrs Beamer keep him away and learn how you can prevent those nasty illnesses by reading where Tummy Bug Lives and then put into practice doing the things he doesn’t!
For more information on these and Tina’s other products, please visit her online shop
Our Show Sponsor – Rayden Solicitors
Award Winning Family Law & Divorce Solicitors with offices in
St Albans, Berkhamsted and Beaconsfield
Rayden Solicitors is an award-winning, top tier specialist firm of family law solicitors. They advise on all aspects of family law, including divorce and relationship breakdown, financial disputes and issues concerning children, as well as pre and post nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
Their clients are based across the county, in London, throughout the UK and internationally.
Their flexible approach and keen client focus means they are able to meet with you at a time and location to suit you.
An innovative team approach and clear pricing policy means you benefit from competitive rates.
Connect with Rayden Solicitors
Don’t Stew – Ask Sue Parenting Q & A
I’ll always remember learning a lesson in teenage etiquette when I went up to hug my son when he was only 13 at the school gate as I was a teacher at the same school and he looked mortified with embarrassment! I learnt to affectionately pat his shoulder and smile while saying goodbye so as not to embarrass him in front of his friends !
A hug is a lovely thing – what’s your story?
Here are a couple of articles for you
I have created a FREE Checklist / Guide on Sleep which you can download from the link below:
And also here is an article that will help you
You might also want to sign up for my FREE webinar on Wednesday the 24th October – 8pm:
Free ebook, The Positive Parent Daily Workout
Simply enter your details below to get your very own copy of “The Positive Parent Daily Workout” and learn tips and tricks to use every day with your own children.