Elmo is a real life rescue cat who was badly treated. He was rescued after a kindly neighbour called the RSPCA and was taken to Millbrook Animal Centre in Surrey.
He was adopted by Barbara, the author and still lives with her in Surrey.
The book tells imaginary tales of his life now. When he was adopted he began a whole new life of adventure and learns from his new friends so many good life lessons. Elmo and his friends are not ordinary cats. They have a secret life that people would be very surprised to know about! Along with his good friend Silky cat he begins to learn valuable skills that every good cat and person should understand.
In his beautifully illustrated story children will learn:
- Adoption into a new home is a good thing
- The RSPCA and how they rescue animals and care for them
- Kindness from neighbours and friends is a wonderful thing and we should be kind too
- Being and looking different is not a problem, we are all special in our own way and should accept each other as we are
- At the end of the book there is a chapter for learning
Connect with Elmo on his website and Instagram and children, you can email him with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org and he will personally answer!