The Importance Of ‘Me’ Time for Moms
Posted by: Sue Atkins
The concept of “me time” can be laughable and guilt-inducing for many busy mums. But it’s a healthy, necessary part of modern parenting.
It’s not selfish – it’s self-care and vital to help you cope with living through a pandemic
I coach loads of mums and dads around balancing their lives as most of us put ourselves really low on the pecking order of priorities – BUT getting a much needed rest is vital for your well being, patience and sense of humour.
‘Me’ time replenishes your energy.
‘Me’ time re – charges your batteries.
‘Me’ time rejuvenates your spirit and gives you a sense of perspective.
Hey Mama, Here Are 14 Ways to Find Time for Yourself
- Ditch the guilt!
- Make chores a family affair.
- Meet up with friends without your kids!
- Phone a friend for a chat.
- Get moving – go for a walk in nature.
- Have a bath with scented candles
- Read or listen to a book or read a trashy magazine!
- STOP social media scrolling & comparing!
- Know your triggers to overwhelm and take a break
- Discover a new low key hobby
- Blast out your favourite music
- Treat yourself to your favourite meal
- Do Nothing! Breathe. Repeat
And if you run your own business download my The Business Owner’s Family Survival Toolkit instantly which is bursting with all my personal strategies, tips, & coaching expertise working with hundreds of small businesses over the years which will reduce your stress, increase your energy and bring back the balance to your family life quickly and easily.