Feeling Overwhelmed? Here’s 8 Simple Steps To Decision Making During Divorce.
Posted by: Sue Atkins
Here is the way I help my clients going through a divorce to make better, empowering decisions.
This simple process helps to lessen the feeling of overwhelm during this stressful life changing event where you have to make so many important decisions all at the same time.
Grab a cup of coffee and a paper and pen and take some deep breaths to help you relax. Turn off your phone and make sure you won’t be disturbed.
1. Write down just ONE decision that you have to make.
2. Write down three possible solutions to the problem.
3. Write down three advantages and three disadvantages for each possible solution.
4. Write down the people who will be affected by each possible solution.
5. Write down how each person might be affected by each possible solution.
6. Choose one solution.
7. Take some small action as soon as possible on the solution you picked.
8. Reflect & ponder on the action you’ve taken and feel pleased with yourself for moving forward.
Taking small steps of action regularly takes away feelings of overwhelm and helplessness. It puts you back in control and feeling in charge of some aspects of your life which is empowering. That helps to reduce your stress and anxiety.
Get into the habit of doing this process regularly to move you gently forward during times of great change and transition.
If you would like to work with me I have a 6 week coaching programme called ‘Handling Life’s Transitions & Changes’ where I will guide, nurture and support you through whatever changes you are experiencing, or call me on 01883 818329 to have a chat about how I can help you.