The Back To School ~ Tip 5 ~ Simple Strategies To Get Out The Door Faster, Less Frazzled And Smiling First Thing In The Morning
Posted by: Sue Atkins
Simple Strategies To Get Out The Door Faster, Less Frazzled And Smiling First Thing In The Morning
Children thrive when they know what to expect and what they have to do. Implementing a morning routine will make them feel secure and prepared for the day ahead. Even more importantly, it will make your life a little less complicated and more enjoyable !
Here are several tips to keep morning chaos to a minimum:
- Make your kids pack lunch the night before – and get them to help you
- Get their shoes/trainers together and at the door ready to slip into quickly without frantically searching for them
- Pack their school bag the night before – so homework’s in there already, reading record book is signed the night before, school lunch money is in the envelope, school permission slips are signed , library books are retrieved from behind the bed, and leave it by the door.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier than your children and have your shower BEFORE the kids wake up, put on your “lippy” or have your cup of coffee FIRST so you are more relaxed, prepared and chilled out. You will be kinder and more fun so you can send your kids off to school in a happier frame of mind rather then with you nagging shouting and swearing under your breathe and stressed out !
- Offer your kids LIMITED choices – “do you want to wear the green jumper or the blue one.” Limited choices make your kids feel they have a choice and are being independent so they won’t throw a tantrum when in fact what’s implied is that they are wearing a jumper so you are still in ultimate control! It’s all in your tone of voice and body language